Co-ed, non-professional weekly hockey skate
Welcome to pond hockey registration. I am reserving ice for a weeknight at UAA where we will play pond hockey. You will need USAHockey insurance to play in addition to the nominal nightly fee. We are always looking for new folks to join us, and are only interested in the fun and exercise that ice hockey brings. No scores, no fights, purely a fun, relaxing co-ed game of ice hockey. One of the goals is to encourage players to get out on the ice.
All players are required to have a full set of ice-hockey equipment as well as a light & dark jersey available.
- Hockey helmet with full cage
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Hockey gloves
- Hockey pants
- Athletic supporter and cup
- Shin guards
- Hockey stick(s)
All weekly fees are due prior to stepping on the ice. Injuries and broken equipment are the responsibility of the participating player.
Couple of Rules we abide by:
- After scoring a goal, the entire squad must score a goal prior to a second goal being scored.
- Only one “ringer” (more advanced player) may be on the ice at any one time.
- Full masks must be worn by all players on the ice.
- Fights will result in being permanently banned.
- We do not use referees, therefore we rely on individual rule applications. The organizer has the final word.
- Rough play is not necessary, one warning then asked to leave.
- No alcohol or drugs on the property of the arena.
- Broken sticks, or gear, are the responsibility of the owner to remove from the arena.
- Goal-tenders will switch ends of ice at halfway through game time.